When in doubt, ask. Sometimes, you have to. Asking yourself is way easier than asking the other party.
Dear _(insert your name here)___,
1. How much courage do you need for you to break up with a toxic person?
2. How much time and pain do you need to realize that you deserve someone better?
3. How many more years do you need before you actually grow for yourself and not for anyone?
4. What would it take for you to treat yourself better?
5. What is holding you back that you cannot break it up?
6. What are your promises to yourself before you met this person? Are they still “promises?”
7. Have you assessed your self-improvement since the beginning of this relationship?
8. Do you feel better when he/she is not around?
9. Can you make it alone?
10. Are you willing to go through the feeling of emptiness just to make yourself feel “whole” again?
11. Have you exhausted all means of saving this relationship?
12. In the first place, do you have to?
13. Being in a relationship, what achievement have you done for yourself so far?
14. What have he/she done for you that he/ she could have done for himself/herself instead? Is it only fair because you’ve done the same?
15 Does he/she keep your sanity?
16. Or you’re already insane enough that you cannot live a day without him/her?
At this point, the answer to whether you still want this relationship or not is at the back of your mind already. You know yourself.